1980 Suzuki GS1000S Wes Cooley For Sale in New England
One of the most stunning bikes of it’s era in my opinion, today we have this beautiful Suzuki GS1000S Wes Cooley. This one has fresh paint and recent service.
from the seller:
This is a beautiful example of a 1980 GS 1000 ST, well known as a Wes Cooley Replica.
I purchased this bike from the second owner a couple of years ago and have completed the following over the past couple of years:
– Bike was painted by Larry Pearson of Larry has painted many period bikes and his work is second to none. The lines and colors where done to original specification, with a show quality finish…..absolutely stunning.
– Brakes and calipers have all been rebuilt including brake lines.
– Handlebar controls replaced with NOS controls, as well as OEM grips.
– Seat replaced with replica cover.
– New tires.
-All new OEM cables.
– All new OEM electronics including: battery, stator, r&r and solenoid.
– NOS windscreen and trim.
-NOS stator cover w/emblem.
-NOS ingnition cover.
-NOS fuel tank cover.
– New chain and sprockets.
– New progressive springs and fork seals.
– New steering head bearings.
– NOS Yoshimura exhaust, ( I found this pipe in CA, a previous bike shop owner had tucked a few away when his shop closed in the late 80″s) I do not have the original exhaust.
I am sure I am forgetting many parts I have added, it became a hobby to seek out those hard to find parts!
Overall, this bike is in very nice condition. It is a joy to ride and I think it feels as good as it did when it was new. However, with that said, this is a 33 year old bike. Not perfect.
I had a lot of help from the guys and girls of the GSR http://www.thegsresources.com A great group of Suzuki enthusiasts willing to lend a helping hand on these aging bikes. Give them a visit!!
The bike is sold as is, where is. Shipping is the responsibility of the buyer. PayPal may be used for the $500 deposit which is due immediately following the auction. The balance is to be paid either in cash or bank check.
Please ask your questions before bidding.
I reserve the right to end this auction at any time.