1984 Bimota SB4 for sale in Tempe Arizona
1984 Bimota SB4 located in Tempe, AZ for sale on ebay.
Our readers have been working over time sending in all sorts of interesting and unique bikes, and here’s another one of them – a :
This one is # 127, red / pearl white with a complete fairing.
A total of 272 SB4s were built – 166 SB4s with semifairings and 106 SB4/Ss with complete fairings.
Displayed in office last 10 years. Part of a private collection 15 years prior to that. Never raced or laid down. Early Bimota craftsmanship with perimeter chrome moly frame.
Paint has some small spots around the seat and fuel petcock where the pearl finish is inconsistent (see photos). Also, the front fender has a small crack in the paint (see photo).
Approximately 1800 miles – Runs great.
40 mm forks
DeCarbon rear shock
Bimota 16″ wheels with original Pirelli Phantom tires
New GSM Battery.
1984 Bimota SB4-S Details
1. Engine built at The Performance Works, Canoga Park, CA, 91304 by Harry Millet. Includes 1135cc Yoshimura pistons, welded crankshaft, Vance & Hines clutch basket, plates and springs, Yoshimura heavy duty timing chain, standard performance camshafts (Suzuki Katana), and polished covers.
2. Magnesium fork sliders resurfaced and painted to match chassis.
3. Brembo gold two-piston front brake calipers replaced with racing four-piston calipers.
4. All brake lines upgraded to braided stainless steel.
5. Factory oil cooler (optional) installed with braided stainless lines to Lockheart full flow oil filter cavity cover. Cooler fittings epoxyed. No leaks.
6. Suzuki Katana instrument cluster.
7. Tsubaki racing chain.
8. Original Pirelli Phantom tires.
9. Tool kit, tire patch kit, pump line and carrying pouch in tail section.
10. Optional steering dampener installed.
11. Miscellaneous: Vitalloni mirrors, bar-end dampeners with machined spacers, drilled and safety-wired disc carriers, safety-wired caliper mounting brackets, safety-wired drain plug, filler cap drilled, battery box insulated, tool compartment insulated, breather catch-can fabricated and attached to battery box, all steel bracket fabrication powder-coated, battery box/catch can powder-coated, rear brake master cylinder rebuilt.
While the bike is not 100% original, the mods have been thoughtfully done and shouldn’t affect the desirability of the bike – not to mention these after market parts are probably rarer than hens’ teeth these days! Also, the SB4 is one of the very last Massimo Tamburini designed Bimotas as well. For more info on the SB4, click HERE.